BORROWING AND CIRCULATION
- New User should Register at the Counter before Borrowing.
- Books will be issued only on production of valid Smart Card.
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done at any one time.
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books will be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to collect receipt for fine amount paid by them.
||Professors, Assistant Professors and Lecturers
||Visiting Faculties - Professors/Asst. Professors
||Teaching Research Associates
Refundable deposit of Rs.1000/-per card will be collected.
|Upto 15 Days
||Rs.1/- per day per book including intervening holidays
|From 16th - 30th Day
||Rs.2/- per day per book including intervening holidays
|From 31st day onwards
||Rs.5/- per day per book including intervening holidays
|Malibnet (Madras Library Network), British Council Library,
American Library,Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC)
|Rs.100/- per day
- Users are requested to deposit their bags/belongings (other than valuables) at the Personal Belongings Counter.
- Users are required to observe silence inside the library.
- Users are required to switch off the lights and fans when not required or while leaving the reading halls.
- Misuse of library facilities is an offence and calls for punishment as decided by the competent authority.
- Users are required to keep the library and the campus neat and tidy.